The Lightest, Most Efficient Robot Behind The World’s Fastest Cubic Storage And Retrieval.
Ensuring high robot availability is key to maintaining pick productivity and cost efficiency in any high throughput fulfillment operation–especially during periods of high demand like peak season.
The Ocado Storage and Retrieval System (OSRS) robot is a high-speed, high-productivity worker that does the time-consuming job of fetching and dropping off bins with inventory, whether to human-assist pick stations or our fully automated robotic pick arm.
Our patented single-grid cell footprint design allows robots to pass one another unobstructed, follow the most optimized route plans, and maintain industry-leading availability and access to stock.
Whether you need 30 or 3000 robots to meet your operational demand, the system scales with minimal downtime thanks to our battery swap exchange and charging, and proprietary wireless communications.
Built from 50% 3D printed materials and with a strong carbon fiber frame, each robot is ultra-lightweight with high acceleration and top speeds. This facilitates up to 1200 bin presentations per hour by a fleet of robots at each pick station, with 39% energy savings.
The OSRS robot moves quickly around the top of the grid to lift and lower goods in bins, to and from workstations, for picking or stock replenishment.
- Robot fleet bin presentations: up to 1200 per hour per workstation
- Time to charge: sub-60 seconds every 2 hours (via battery swap)
- 39% lower energy consumption over previous model
- Operating temperature: 2 to 35℃
- Operating humidity: 20-80%
- Payload: up to 35kg
- Max bin dimensions: up to L 652mm x W 451mm x H 400mm
- Robot dimensions: L 746mm x W 546mm x H 991mm
- Robot weight: 55kg
- Materials: 50% Industrial 3D printed components
- Avg power consumption: 110W
- Voltage: Max voltage 58.8V
- Battery: 1.1kWh lithium-ion battery
- Robot assembly (including bin hoist)
- Battery chute (for vertical swapping of battery)
- Comms electronics for command and control
- Safety electronics
- CE & NRTL Approval